Healthy joints are a key factor playing a role in physical mobility, comfort, as well as sustaining a quality active lifestyle. But alas, a number of individuals experience pain, inflammation as well as rigidity linked to joint damage. A number of natural supplement alternatives are available nowadays when it comes to the topic of “pain & inflammation”.
Many runners are accustomed to it, as are a few walkers (no less than those who walk far and fast for exercise) as well as some serious weight lifters (loads of exhausting bending at the knees and elbows), together with anybody else who has had to manage the issues of rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis. We can add to the list aging folks who merely suffer from the problem of creaky joints.
We’re talking, certainly, on the topic of joint pain. And when it comes to pain as it associates with our joints, naturally glucosamine comes into discussion. Glucosamine is a natural compound present in our bodies that helps to promote the health of joints and cartilage, which are found to be malleable, rubber-like tissue forming a cushion between the bones at the joints.
With the person’s age, the quantity of available glucosamine begins to fall down, having an influence on the joint by resulting into gradual breakdown, which is a source of the joint pain that can make physical movement smoother the older we get. Research studies have found some success in terms of glucosamine delivering relief for mild to moderate knee osteoarthritis, and professionals consider it might also be useful for mitigating pain in some other joints too.
Glucosamine supplements are derived from the shells of shellfish; note: there aren’t any natural food sources of glucosamine. A majority of these natural supplements are prepared from the compound, chitin, which is present in the hard outer shells of crabs, shrimp, and lobsters.
There are in fact numerous forms of glucosamine as a supplement, to incorporate such as glucosamine sulfate, N-acetyl glucosamine, and glucosamine hydrochloride. They are not supposed to be identical, and the most frequently used joint supplement is glucosamine sulfate.
Those experiencing joint pain from osteoarthritis and looking out for an effectual supplementation are encouraged to consume glucosamine sulfate via oral route in order to neutralize the effects of the inflammation, breakdown, and ultimate loss of cartilage associated with osteoarthritis. Research studies suggest that such pain relief related to osteoarthritis and delivered by glucosamine sulfate might be as efficient for the spine or hip as it is for the knee.
Other potential benefits of this joint supplement involve the improvement of functioning of the hip or knee for the sufferers of osteoarthritis and the mitigation of rigidity and swelling, with such relief from osteoarthritis signs persisting up to 3 months after the end of the treatment.
As for rheumatoid arthritis, research studies point out glucosamine hydrochloride as a supplement that seems to be able to mitigate such pain, at least when contrasted with an inactive placebo. Irrespective of the type of arthritis you are suffering from, and thus which type of glucosamine supplement is the correct option, you must always talk about such supplementation with your personal doctor first in order to steer clear of any likely issues or mistreatment.
Beware, however – while glucosamine supplementation can decelerate the development of arthritis, it is not a cure certainly. As for those runners as we discussed in the beginning of this blog too, relief from osteoarthritis might be existing for them: effective or potent doses of glucosamine sulfate might be capable of slowing down the joint degradation, which is good news for athletes participating in high-impact sports activities such as running.
Other Remedies for Joint Pain:
Here’s a swift run-through of other compounds or supplements thought to be of help in lowering down the pain and other effects of joint stress:
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C and other antioxidants have been found by means of research as effective in decreasing the possibilities of developing joint pain or osteoarthritis.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. These can evidently reduce the problem of joint pain and lower down inflammation.
- Low-fat milk. Fat-free milk, too. A research study on females has found such milk to be capable of slowing down the development of osteoarthritis in the knees.
- Virgin coconut oil. One of virgin coconut oil’s compounds has the potential of reducing the levels of inflammatory enzymes in the body.
- Calcium and Vitamin D. They are well-identified to work concurrently in supporting strong bones. Calcium is the key constituent of bones, and vitamin D helps our bones’ absorption of calcium.
- Curcumin or Turmeric: Curcumin is the key constituent of turmeric root, and has been show to work as the “master off-switch of inflammation”. It has got a great potential of inhibiting more than 30 diverse inflammation pathways. In addition, it delivers a powerful antioxidant defense against free radicals. It is found helpful in alleviating the pain in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and bursitis. Note that the enzyme, bromelain (obtained from pineapple), also exerts strong anti-inflammatory properties and helps improve the absorption of turmeric.
Now, coming back to glucosamine sulfate!! Glucosamine is a natural anti-inflammatory compound that helps in the repair and regeneration of the joint tissues by stimulating the manufacture of cartilage.
Glucosamine sulfate is so efficient at treating joint inflammation as it is an essential building block of collagen and is accountable for the formation of joints, tendons, and articular cartilage. In addition, Glucosamine sulfate has been found to perk up the production of synovial fluid, which plays a key role in the normal working of the joints and tendons. Glucosamine supplementation has been shown to recover the failing joints and help prevent any added damage in the joints and cartilage. Together with the impact of glucosamine on worsening joints, the supplement has been shown to reinforce the weakened and damaged tendons.
Glucosamine sulfate capsules available at www.healthdiva.net at a very best price!! Shop now!!