Flaxseed oil – One of Nature’s Finest Miracles
One way to get the most out of your efforts in the kitchen or the gym is to ensure you’re always receiving an adequate amount of quality protein. Nearly everybody knows that. But many frequently make the mistake of ignoring fibre, another vital dietary staple. Luckily, there exists a natural, diet-friendly miracle that delivers both: “Flaxseeds”, which is accessible in the form of supplement capsules. And if that’s not convincing enough, here’s a thorough overview of its benefits and uses of flaxseed oil.
But first, let’s take a look at what is Flaxseeds? It is a vegetable source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Omega 3 fats form an essential part of a healthy diet and are greatly favourable for cell structure. Flaxseeds facilitate smooth blood circulation and are found to be rich in alpha-linolenic acid which possesses potent anti-inflammatory properties.
Doctors usually trust that the best way to treat mood, memory disorders or thoughts is using pharmaceutical medications that directly have an effect on the levels of brain chemicals like dopamine, serotonin, and acetylcholine. Even though these medications have very significant clinical uses, they are only part of the solution. A complete approach to treating cognitive disorders should include foods and supplements that benefit the overall health of brain cells. These include omega-3 fatty acids found in flaxseeds and fish.
Natural Characteristics of Flaxseeds:
- Flaxseeds, rich in fatty acids such as Omega-3, Omega-6 and Alpha-Linolenic acid.
- Exerts antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is a natural laxative.
- It is rich in fibres.
- Is a natural moisturizer.
- It comprises of minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and phosphorous.
Health Benefits of Flaxseeds:
- Lowers Body Weight: Flaxseed oil is rich in healthy and dietary fats. It acts as an excellent appetite suppressant and lowers your appetite by keeping your stomach full. The high fibre content makes better your digestion power that is necessary for weight loss.
- Averts the risks of Cardiovascular Diseases: Regular intake of Flaxseed oil is helpful in decreasing the risks of heart problems such as heart attacks. It assists in lowering your blood pressure and keeps up the levels of total cholesterol in your body. Next time, just add Flaxseed oil in your salad or take two tablespoons in the morning.
- Lessens Inflammation: Flaxseed oil exerts effective anti-inflammatory properties owing to its omega-3 fatty acid content. It is used to decrease the destructive effects resulting from the chemical products by cleansing your body from the irritants. You can take Flaxseed oil on a daily basis (morning or evening) to perk up your health.
- Joint pain such as rheumatoid arthritis, gout: Flaxseed oil lessens the sudden and severe pain or inflammation in the joints.
Flaxseed Oil Benefit
- Flaxseed Oil for Hair: Flaxseed oil contains essential vitamins and minerals that work to remove dandruff and flakiness from your scalp. It aids to bring back the lost moisture content of your hair. Regular use (two times a week) of flaxseed oil is found to be useful in decreasing the microbial growth in your hair. Also, Flaxseed oil is rich in omega-3 content that is valuable for your hair growth. It lessens hair fall and makes your hair last longer. In addition, Flaxseed oil possesses anti-inflammatory properties that help decrease the growth of head lice as well as microbes. Also, helpful for retaining the moisture content in your hair in this manner, giving your hair shine and smoothness.
- Flaxseed oil for skin: Flaxseed oil exerts superior anti-inflammatory properties that fight off chronic skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, and dermatitis. You can use it on your skin directly or mix it with a suitable moisturizer. In addition, you can drop four to five drops of oil on a cotton ball and pat it on your affected skin regions. Also, it is a natural moisturizer that retains the moisture content of your skin. Regular use of Flaxseed oil on your face is proven to lessen the appearance of wrinkles and known to decrease the premature symptoms of ageing.
- Flaxseed oil improves digestion: Flaxseed is rich in soluble and insoluble dietary fibre, which can help put off the digestive problems such as constipation. The oil also acts as a laxative used in the treatment of constipation as a result of its high content of mucilage gums. Fascinatingly, these gums turn thick or flowing, at an optimal pH range of 6 to 8 (similar pH present in human intestines). This mucilage plays a key role in a number of laxatives, making flaxseed an outstanding natural laxative alternative.
- Flaxseed oil fights off cancer: It exerts a superior estrogenic activity, i.e. binds to the oestrogen receptor sites and thus decreases total oestrogen activity. Thus, fights off hormonal cancers like breast, prostate cancer.
- Support healthy immune function: Flaxseed protein is composed of profuse amounts of glutamine and arginine, which have been revealed to help support our immune system.
- Hormone metabolism in postmenopausal females.
You can obtain benefits of Flaxseed from HealthDiva’s Organic Omega Flax Oil capsules, available at best prices.
Read Our Other Blog: Benefits of Flaxseed.