ZMA (zinc monomethionine aspartate, magnesium aspartate, and vitamin B6) is a supplement used primarily by athletes, gymnasts, and bodybuilders. It was developed by Victor Conte (founder of BALCO Laboratories in Burlingame, California).
The original ZMA formula is composed of zinc monomethionine and aspartate (30 mg), magnesium aspartate (450 mg), and vitamin B6 as pyridoxine hydrochloride (10.5 mg). According to the label directions, ZMA should be taken 30 – 60 minutes prior to bedtime and on an empty stomach to help synchronize absorption with sleep. Also, the product should not be taken with foods or supplements containing calcium because calcium blocks the absorption of zinc.
- HealthDiva ZMA Supplement contains Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, and Black Pepper Extract. ZMA may help in nighttime muscle recovery, improving gains in muscle size & providing better sleep quality.
- HealthDiva ZMA Capsules promote restorative sleep. A good night’s sleep is key to your overall health and your goals in the gym. It can support improvements in sleep quality, strength, and power.
- Zinc in ZMA Supplement is important to countless processes in the body, including immune function and protein synthesis. It also helps to improve gains in muscle size and power
- Magnesium in HealthDiva ZMA Supplement helps regulate muscle and nerve function, Blood Glucose Control, and Blood Pressure Regulation, It also supports Athletic Performance, Magnesium supports Nerve Impulse Conduction, Muscle Contraction, and Normal Heart Rhythm.
- Suggested Usage: For Adults take two (2) HealthDiva ZMA capsules thrice daily preferably with a meal or as directed by a healthcare professional.
All three basic components in the ZMA formula are important in biological processes, and while studies have shown that most Americans get enough zinc and vitamin B6, more than 50% don’t meet the U.S. government’s recommendation for magnesium.
More about HealthDiva ZMA
A 1998 study was undertaken on NCAA football players during an 8-week spring training program. The control group was told to cease taking any nutritional supplements. Those who took the ZMA tablets claimed greater increases in muscle strength. This study was funded by SNAC Systems Inc, the intellectual property rights holder, and one of the study’s authors, Victor Conte, has ownership equity in this company.
In 2004, a study funded by a research grant from Cytodyne (another supplement producing company) with 42 resistance-trained males showed that ZMA supplementation had no significant effects on total and free testosterone, IGF-1, growth hormone, cortisol, the ratio of cortisol to testosterone, or muscle and liver enzymes in response to training. No significant effects were observed in changes in strength, upper or lower body muscle endurance, or anaerobic sprint capacity.
In another study done in 2006, a team of German scientists conducted a study on the effect of ZMA and testosterone levels in the body. The result showed an increase in zinc secretions in urine making it much darker like blood, but no effect on the level of testosterone in the body.
- Zinc. This trace mineral is necessary for more than 300 enzymes involved in metabolism, digestion, immunity, and other areas of your health.
- Magnesium. This mineral supports hundreds of chemical reactions in your body, including energy creation and muscle and nerve function.
- Vitamin B6. This water-soluble vitamin is needed for processes such as making neurotransmitters and nutrient metabolism.
However, the research behind ZMA in some of these areas is mixed and still emerging.
That said, consuming more zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6 may provide many other benefits, such as improved immunity, blood sugar control, and mood. This especially applies if you’re deficient in one or more of the aforementioned nutrients
HealthDiva ZMA is a nutritional supplement that contains zinc monomethionine aspartate, magnesium aspartate, and vitamin B6. It’s typically taken to enhance athletic performance, improve sleep quality, or build muscle.