Echinacea is really “A Natural God’s Gift”, in order to deflect colds, flu and flashes on the skin. The plant is a genus of herbaceous flowering plants belonging to the daisy family, Asteraceae. In addition, it is referred to as the American coneflower. Here’s a comforting capsule of Echinacea at HealthDiva with a blend of three Echinacea species to boost the immune system this season naturally. Echinacea has been distinguished as possessing excellent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, as well as antiviral properties and works as an immune-modulating agent.
Echinacea is a perennial plant, in other words, it has the potential to last for a number of years. It is roughly around one to two feet (or, approx. 30-60 centimeters) tall while mature. It is somewhat spiky as well as holds large purple to pink flowers, based upon the species.
How it works?
Echinacea is a complex blend of active ingredients, some of which are thought to be antimicrobial in nature, while others are known to exert a positive effect on the human immune system.
All the plant species enclose compounds known as phenols. A majority of plants comprise phenols, active substances responsible for controlling the action of a range of enzymes and cell receptors, as well as defends the plant from infections together with ultraviolet (UV) rays damage. Phenols encircle excellent antioxidant properties, which may be superior for human health.
In addition, Echinacea is composed of biological compounds such as alkylamides or alkamides, (not in Echinacea pallida), which exhibit an effect on the immune health, over and above glycoproteins, polysaccharides, as well as caffeic acid derivatives.
- Improves and modulates the immune system.
- Traditionally employed as an antidote for poison.
- Treats and prevents upper respiratory tract infections.
- Clears catarrh, bronchitis, sinusitis, as well as inflammation of glands.
- Lowers the risk of complications resulting from infections.
- Strengthens the Immune System: Useful in viral infection, bacterial infection, fungal infection and malarial infection.
- Cardioprotective: Supports Heart Health.
- Helps in wound healing and supports skin health.